Central Council of Church Bell Ringers
- The Central Council of Church Bell Ringers, to which this Association is affiliated. Their own site is full of useful information and ringing reference material.
- University Ringing is a Central Council site to enable ringers going to university or college to find the institution's local society or the nearest band.
- The Association of Ringing Teachers (ART) exists to promote the training of teachers, primarily using the ART Training Scheme, formerly the Integrated Teacher Training Scheme (ITTS)
News and Views
- The Ringing World. Visit the on-line version of the bell ringers' own weekly newpaper, the official journal of the Central Council of Church Bell Ringers.
- Peals.co.uk The online peal publishing part of the Ringing World.
- Bell Board. The Ringing World's bulletin board, especially intended for the recording of peal and quarter peal performances.
Change Ringing Directories
- Change Ringing Resources. A fairly comprehensive listing of Internet sites relating to ringing and ringers, originally compiled by Roger Bailey.
- Change Ringing Web Ring Fred Bone provides us with an alternative way of navigating ringing sites on the Web.
The following is an incomplete list of suppliers of ringing products and services. Any outlined in bold are advertisers in the Association Annual Report.Bell Founders and Hangers
- Matthew Higby Unit 16, Charmborough Farm, Holcombe, Bath, BA3 5FX 01761 233757
- Nicholson Engineering Nicholson Engineering Ltd, Church Bell Works, St Swithin’s Road, Bridport, Dorset DT6 5DW 01308 422264
- John Taylor & Co The Bellfoundry, Freehold Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 1AR 01509 212241
- White’s of Appleton Appleton, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 5JJ 01865 862549
- Malcolm Brown Bellropes Well Cottage, Ballingers Row, Chedworth, Gloucestershire, GL54 4AQ 01285 720757
- Mendip Ropes Unit 10 Walronds Park, Isle Brewers, Taunton, Somerset, TA3 6QP 07528 158334
Malcolm Brown also runs the Association Rope Bank where part used ropes can be traded. Contact Malcolm through his site above.
- Method Writer. Theo van Soest offers this program which plays methods. If you like this software send him a nice postcard!
- Dove's Guide to the Church Bells of Britain The late Mr R H Dove produced eight editions of his Bellringer's Guide to the Church Bells of Britain and Ringing Peals of the World. Now published by the Council's Publications Committee, this is the definitive guide to change-ringing bells.
- Online Method Viewing and Simulated Ringing Software Provided by Philip Abbey of Cheltenham Branch, this software provides, in his own words 'an opportunity to learn methods really well before taking a rope to ring them.' The software runs inside your browser as a Java applet and is also available to run on mobile devices; so there's no excuse to not know the method!
- Teaching and Learning Aids Richard Pargeter, of the Ely Diocesan Association, presents his collection of downloadable documents which various people have prepared to help their bands do anything from rounds and call changes through to surprise methods.
- Sherborne Teaching Aids Produced by the late Pam Copson and now sold by the Central Council, this is the 'One Per Learner' and 'Follow On' books amongst others as well as the Bell Club scheme with its badges. Over 150,000 books have been sold since their inception, probably making this the most popular way to teach the theory of ringing ever.
- Calling cribs & others A collection of documents which initiate you into the world of conducting. From the first tentative touch of Plain Bob up to Spliced Surprise Major it's all here. There are also pointers to other composition sites and articles provided by many authors on learning methods.
Our Neighbouring AssociationsBath and Wells Diocesan Association
Coventry Diocesan Guild
Four Shires Guild
Hereford Diocesan Guild
Llandaff and Monmouth Diocesan Association
Oxford Diocesan Guild
Salisbury Diocesan Guild
University of Bristol Society of Change Ringers
Worcestershire and Districts Association