We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the county of Gloucestershire and the north of Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol.
Interested in learning to ring? We'd love to teach you! Read all about it on our Learning to Ring page which includes the answers to some common questions. We always need ringers and you would be assured of a warm welcome whether you're 9 or 90!
Although nearly all Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted many towers have not yet returned to pre-pandemic ringing patterns. You are strongly advised to confirm any ringing is taking place before travelling.
- April 27th 2021 The results of the Six Bell Striking competition for the Croome Trophy and the corresponding part of the AGM minutes have been amended because Chippenham branch were represented by Corsham tower and not Chippenham, St Andrew as previously shown. Here are the amended results and minutes.
- April 4th 2022 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. This features 'Fun with Bob Doubles', reports on various events, a proposed Advanced Practice as well as fascinating items on two of Stroud Branch's past ringers.
- April 3rd 2021 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are available here
- April 2nd 2022 The Association AGM took place in a hybrid format on Zoom and at Horton Village Hall on 2 April 2022, starting at 4pm. In addition to the usual business the meeting elected a new Secretary in Fiona Hartley of Chippenham Branch and a Honorary Life Member in Richard Page of Leonard Stanley. Congratulations to them both. In addition the Association's Safeguarding Policy was approved.
- April 2nd 2022 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site. These competitions were held at Cromhall and Chipping Sodbury respectively and the winners were St Mark's Cheltenham and Bristol branch.
- March 18th 2022 The printable tower certificate, showing ringing times and a contact phone number, has been updated to add the What3Words destination and access information in addition to the postcode. Branches can download the certificate - in pdf - for printing out and displaying in the tower. It can be generated here although you will need a login.
- March 7th 2022 The 2022 Achievement of the Year competition has been won by Abson and Frenchay who received the Bliss Trophy. Runner up was the Swindon Ringing Centre who received the Littledean and Purton Trophy. The trophies were presented at the Association AGM, held this year on April 2 at Horton in the Wotton-under-Edge branch. All of the entries are available to view here.
- October 5th 2021 The Association's Insurance Policy document has been updated following renewal of the insurance.
- September 12th 2021 The delayed Ringing World National Youth Contest took place in Worcester on Saturday 11 September. There were two G&B Teams; one in the method ringing and one in the call changes categories. Despite a lack of experience both teams did well with the method ringers placed 4th and the call change ringers 3rd. A full report with photos is available here.
- August 30th 2021 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It details the various activities taking place to restart ringing and information about the Branch's new simulator at Christ Church.
- March 4th 2021 A check list to be carried out on the belfry prior to recommencing ringing has been produced by the Co-ordinating Belfry Adviser Malcolm Taylor. It helps to ensure that ringing can restart safely and with confidence that there is nothing untoward in the bell installation. Download it here. It is also available via the Association Information page of the Resources menu.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Jul 2 : Cheltenham branch, Stanway, Didbrook, Stanton
3:00pm Outing and Evening Meal
Jul 2 : Wotton branch, Wickwar
Jul 9 : Stroud branch, Cherington
10:00am Open Ringing
Jul 9 : Gloucester branch, Churchdown
Jul 13 : Cheltenham branch, Elkstone
7:30pm 6 bell Practice
Jul 15 : Gloucester branch, Maisemore
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Jul 18 : Tewkesbury branch, Hasfield
Jul 27 : Cirencester branch, Meysey Hampton tbc
7:30pm Doubles Practice