We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
What's New On This Site?
- May 23rd 2013 Progress continues to be made as regards the G&B entry into this year’s Ringing World National Youth Contest which is to be held in York on Saturday 6 July 2013. The G&B Youth Team have been practising monthly since January and thank you to Leckhampton, Blunsdon, Quedgeley and Bisley for the use of their bells. We also wish to thank Mangotsfield who will be hosting the final practice. The latest practice, however, was at Bisley and during this we conducted our own striking competition to help us in the selection process. Based on performances at previous practices four different combinations were selcted by Team manager Ian Bucknell and their striking was assessed blind by Team Coaches Keith Scudamore and Alan Woodward. The result of this exercise is that the following have been selected to represent the G&B in York: 1) Ben Elvey - Leckhampton, 2) Russell Scudamore - Coalpit Heath, 3) Fen Tongue - Bisley, 4) Connie Tongue - Bisley, 5) Alan Eyles - Christchurch, Swindon, 6) Julian Howes - Bisley, 7) Michael Woodward - Purton (C), 8) Ryan Brown - Bisley. Travelling Reserves: Greg Jones - Tewkesbury Abbey, Paul Sampson - Woodchester, Amelie Hunnebeck-Wells - Bisley, and Corrine Hunnebeck-Wells - Bisley. Holly Abbott of Bisley is unavailable for selection due to an ill timed school exchange trip to Germany!
- May 22nd 2013 The May edition of the Cirencester Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- April 16th 2012 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 13th 2012 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
- March 29th 2013 The March edition of the North Cotswold Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- March 27th 2013 Such was the dedication of one helper on the recent Training Day that they were brought to their knees by the occasion!
- March 4th 2013 The March edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site. This issue includes a jigsaw puzzle which is available as a seperate document here.
- March 3rd 2013 The first Tower of the Year competition was voted on at the Branch Officers' Meeting on 2 March. There were 8 entries with Woodchester from the Stroud Branch declared the winner and Horton from Wotton Branch runner up. All of the entries are available to view on the Tower of the Year page.
- March 3rd 2013 The Association Annual Report 2012 and Handbook for 2013 has been published. Copies are available from the Association Secretary.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.
4:00pm Striking Competition
Jun 2 : Stroud branch, Gloucester
1:20pm Cathedral Evensong
Jun 4 : Cirencester branch, Cirencester St John
7:30pm Branch 12 Bell Practice
Jun 5 : Bristol branch, Henbury
Jun 5 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Jun 8 : Cheltenham branch, Childswickham
4:30pm Banner and Cleeve Trophies
Jun 8 : Tewkesbury branch, Tredington
5:00pm Branch Striking Competition (5.00pm) and bring and share supper (7.00pm)
Jun 8 : Stroud branch, Coaley
5:00pm Competition for Tom Price Memorial followed by BBQ chez Page
Jun 8 : Gloucester branch, TBA
Jun 10 : Swindon branch, Cricklade
7:30pm Branch Practice
Jun 11 : North Cotswold branch, Bourton on the Water
7:30pm Branch practice
Jun 12 : Bristol Rural branch, TBA
7:00pm Branch Training Evening
Jun 19 : Cirencester branch, South Cerney
7:00pm Branch Striking Competition & Social Evening
Jun 20 : Chippenham branch, Langley Burrell
7:30pm Doubles Practice
Jun 21 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury
Jun 22 : Bristol Rural branch, Abson
3:00pm Branch Practice and Barbeque