We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the counties of Gloucestershire and north Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol. A diverse area ranging from Swindon in the south east to the border of Wales in the west and the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon in the north.
Here you can find details of the Association, its organisation and all our towers; ringable or not. Contact details if available are also provided. For those interested there is also an explanation of change ringing.
Use the navigation bar or menu above to find what you need.
- November 24th 2018 The latest edition of Wotton Branch's quarterly newsletter The Clangour is now on this site. This bumper edition includes amongst other things news from the towers, Sarah and Matthew Lorkin's wedding, the branch outing report and the usual peal and quarter peals.
- October 14th 2018 The G&B National Youth Contest Team have been busy over the last week. On Saturday 6 October they enjoyed a skittles match and on Saturday 13 October a youth training day instead of the Advanced Training Day scheduled to take place but sadly cancelled. A full report with picture is available here.
- October 2nd 2018 Almondsbury bells in the Bristol Rural branch are in the process of being removed from the tower for rehanging. There will be no practice or service ringing until they are returned; probably some time in mid-January.
- October 1st 2018 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes amongst other things reports on the branch striking competition and outing as well as details of the forthcoming branch AGM and the usual peal and quarter peal reports.
- August 19th 2018 Additional items have been uploaded to the website. Every obituary in all the Annual Reports back to 1960 is now available on the site.
- June 4th 2018 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are congratulations for weddings and striking competitions, reports on visits to the Cathedral and outings.
- May 12th 2018 The Association has a Data Protection Policy in compliance with the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In association with the policy there is also a Privacy Notice for the Association and its website.
- May 2nd 2018 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter has been updated to reflect a change of date for the Branch Practice at Great Somerford. Instead of 12 May this will now take place on 19 May. This issue also contains reports on the skittles evening and training morning and a preview of the Ring and Ramble on Monday 7 May as well as the usual reports and peal / quarter peal lists.
- April 17th 2018 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Dec 20 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Dec 28 : Swindon branch, Oxfordshire
Dec 28 : Bristol Rural branch, Frampton Cotterell
2:30pm Christmas Practice (post Mince Pies)
Jan 2 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Jan 2 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Jan 2 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Jan 4 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Jan 5 : Bristol Rural branch, tba
Jan 5 : Wotton branch, Wickwar
Jan 7 : Swindon branch, tba
Jan 7 : Forest branch, tba
Jan 9 : Stroud branch, Stonehouse
Jan 10 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice