We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- September 15th 2014 Registration for the Autumn Training Day which takes place around Wotton under Edge on 11 October is now closed. Information is still available here. Alternatively you can download full course details.
- September 9th 2014 The holidays are over, the new school year has begun and thoughts have turned towards our campaign for the NYC 2015 in Oxford. Because of the varying availability of our band the initial plan is to alternate between Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon practices. The first get together is on SATURDAY 18 October at BISLEY (which has the benefit of a good central location, easy to ring bells and a good pub for adult non ringers). The other date for your diary is SUNDAY 23 November at 2.30pm at a tower yet to be decided. From the 2014 team we have lost Connie, Michael and Amelie and so we certainly have vacancies and as Ryan showed in 2013 and Thomas showed in 2014, it is perfectly possible to join the group and force yourself into the NYC band in your first year. Similarly Amelie showed it is possible to miss out one year and be in the next. We want the training group to include anyone who wants to join in PROVIDED they want to learn good striking, are willing to commit to the team, and want to enjoy themselves along the way. Please come and find out what it's all about and remember, just because it might not have been right for you last year it doesn't mean you wouldn't enjoy it this year!!! I can assure you that actually being selected for and ringing in the final team is only a very small part of the NYC experience - the best parts are making new friends, enjoying good ringing and striking and learning in an extremely positive and friendly environment whilst being coached by some extremely capable and experienced adult ringers.
- September 1st 2014 The first of Swindon Branch's new quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. Belfry View September 2014.
- August 25th 2014 The September edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- July 7th 2014 The G&B Youth Team took part in the Ringing World National Youth Contest at Worcester on Saturday July 5th. They produced some excellent ringing in the practice piece but unfortunately a method mistake in the test piece resulted in an A- by the judges and 2nd place in the method ringing category. In their summing up the judges singled out the team's performance as having 'the potential to be great'. Full story with pictures here. Planning now starts for the 2015 competition!
- June 29th 2014 The latest edition of the Cirencester Branch News is now available on this site. Subjects covered include the Striking Competition results, significant birthdays and anniversaries and how to avoid ringing peals. The branch's resident bards also get a poetry corner!
- May 1st 2014 The April edition of the North Cotswold Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- April 14th 2014 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 7th 2014 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Sep 19 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury
Sep 20 : Barnwood
10:00am Management Committee Meeting
Sep 20 : Forest branch, Staunton, Coleford
7:00pm Branch Practice
Sep 21 : Bristol Rural branch, Gloucester Cathedral
1:30pm Evensong ringing
Sep 23 : Bristol branch, Southville
Sep 24 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Sep 25 : Chippenham branch, Grittleton
Sep 26 : Forest branch, TBA
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Sep 27 : Wotton branch, TBA
Sep 27 : Chippenham branch, South West Birmingham
Branch Coach Outing, non ringers welcome
Sep 27 : Stroud branch, Cranham
3:00pm Ringing, Tea and Meeting
Sep 27 : Bristol Rural branch, Olveston
Sep 27 : Stroud branch, Painswick
Oct 1 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Oct 1 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Oct 3 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Oct 4 : Gloucester branch, Moreton Valence
Oct 6 : Cirencester branch, Preston
Oct 6 : Forest branch, Awre
7:30pm Branch Practice
Oct 7 : Cirencester branch, Cirencester St John
7:30pm 12 Bell Practice
Oct 7 : Stroud branch, Stroud
7:30pm Stedman Practice
Oct 10 : Stroud branch, Standish
Oct 11 : Wotton-under-Edge
9:00am Autumn Training Day
Oct 13 : Swindon branch, Blunsdon
Oct 14 : North Cotswold branch, Bourton on the Water
Oct 16 : Chippenham branch, Malmesbury
7:30pm Triples Practice (simulator)
Oct 17 : Cheltenham branch, Toddington
Oct 17 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury
Oct 18 - 25 :
Peal and Quarter Peal Festival
Oct 18 : Forest branch, Littledean
6:30pm Baked Potato Supper