We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the counties of Gloucestershire and north Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol. A diverse area ranging from Swindon in the south east to the border of Wales in the west and the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon in the north.
Here you can find details of the Association, its organisation and all our towers; ringable or not. Contact details if available are also provided. For those interested there is also an explanation of change ringing.
Use the navigation bar or menu above to find what you need.
- November 17th 2017 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are congratulations, engagements and reports on THE AGM, YPSC and outings galore.
- November 2nd 2017 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now on the branch's website. This issue contains reports on the Branch Outing and the trials and tribulations of the return and rehanging of Brinkworth bells. There is also a notice for the Branch AGM and an appeal for a Branch Secretary.
- November 1st 2017 The next practice for potential young ringers in the G & B Youth Team is on Saturday 18 November. You should meet at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start. The practice is hosted by Painswick in the Stroud Branch and will finish at 9pm.
- October 21st 2017 Additional items have been uploaded to the website. Minutes for every AGM back to 2005 and every obituary in all the Annual Reports back to 1971 are now available on the site. In addition a new page has been added showing the events calendar for the Association.
- October 18th 2017 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes details of the Branch's Outing, an obituary and ringing for Eric Sutton and a report on Julie McDonnell's visit and quarters rung.
- October 5th 2017 The Association's Insurance Policy document has been updated following renewal of the insurance.
- July 14th 2017 The latest edition of the North Cotswold Branch Newsletter is now on the branch's website. This issue contains a crossword and reports on the committee meeting and skittles. There are also details of the branch's outing in July.
- July 10th 2016 The Ringing World National Youth Contest took place in Birmingham on Saturday 1 July. The G&B Team took part in one of the three qualifing sessions held at Harbourne. They were successful in the qualifiers and rang in the final at St Pauls in the Jewellery Quarter, coming a very creditable 5th despite being a very young band. They and the rest of the group made full use of the ringing opportunities available including the 16 at St Martins in the Bull Ring. A full report with pictures and some of the group's impressions of the day is here.
- April 12th 2017 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Nov 25 : Bristol Rural branch, Mangotsfield
Nov 25 : Swindon branch, Liddington
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Nov 25 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm Quiz Night
Nov 28 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Paul
Dec 1 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Dec 2 : Bristol Rural branch, Filton
Dec 2 : Wotton branch, Tortworth
3:00pm Ringing, followed by Advent Carol Service and refreshments
Dec 4 : Forest branch, Mitcheldean
Dec 6 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Dec 6 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Dec 6 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Dec 9 : Stroud branch, Leonard Stanley
5:00pm Ringing and Carol Service
Dec 9 : Gloucester branch, Upton St Leonards
Dec 11 : Swindon branch, Lydiard Millicent
Dec 12 : Tewkesbury branch, Beckford
7:30pm Join local practice
Dec 12 : North Cotswold branch, Bourton on the Water
7:30pm Committee Meeting and Practice
Dec 14 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
Dec 14 : Cirencester branch, North Cerney
Dec 15 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm Joint 8 bell Practice
Dec 15 : Cheltenham branch, Badgeworth
Dec 15 : Bristol branch, Cathedral
Dec 16 : Forest branch, Littledean
6:30pm Carol Service
Dec 20 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
Dec 21 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice