We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- January 24th 2015 The Spring Training Day takes place in Cirencester on 15 March. Courses on offer range from Elementary to Plain Bob Minor. The closing date is 2 March. Online registration is available here. Alternatively full course details including an application form are available to download and print.
- January 4th 2015 The 1st G & B Youth Team Practice towards the
G & B regaining the Ringing World National Youth Contest crown is on Saturday
evening 31 January 2015. Start time - 7.00pm
The practice is to be at Painswick (12 bells) near Stroud. Many of the practices this year will be in the Stroud area simply because it is the most central and there is a convenient Rail link for those of you using Public Transport. The ringing at Painswick will be mainly on the light 10 but there may be the opportunity to ring the 12 towards the end of the evening. Obviously the objective of the Contest is Striking so this is where are emphasis needs to be in our practices. However, in the early months we can afford to liven things up a little bit in terms of methods rung so it won't be nothing but Grandsire Triples! Also, if we continue to have similar numbers to recent practices, we may well do a fair bit of ringing on 10 just so we maximise "rope time" for all of you. It is my belief that one way of learning good striking on 8 is by ringing on 10 bells even if that ringing is Rounds & Call Changes, Plain Hunt or simple methods like Grandsire & Plain Bob.
If any of you have transport problems, don't be afraid to let me know as I might be able to help sort something out for you.
If all those who have expressed an interest in participating in the Youth Team this year turn up regularly, I am convinced we have the makings of a great team. Whatever happens though, I am sure we will all have a great time making and developing our friendships and enjoying some fantastic ringing in a really friendly and welcoming atmosphere. So please put this date in your diary and when we next meet I will have the arrangements for February & March firmed up.
For those of you new to the team please give some thought as to whether you would like some G&B Youth Team clothing (Polo Shirts, Fleeces, Hoodies etc). If you do want to buy something then please email Carole and I and we will see what we can do.
If there are any adults who want to come along to a practice to see what it is all about then please contact me in advance. You need to be aware though that the practices are for the Youth Team so your opportunities to actually ring during a Youth Team practice are very limited. (Also the standard of ringing produced by these youngsters can be excellent so be prepared to feel a little bit humbled!!!!)
- December 20th 2014 The January edition of the Bristol Rural Branch newsletter is now available on the Bristol Rural website.
- December 8th 2014 The December edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- December 1st 2014 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. Belfry View December 2014. Full information is given for the Branch outing to Bath and area on December 27.
- November 27th 2014 The last G & B Youth Team practice was held on Sunday 23 November at St Stephens, Bristol. It was jointly hosted by the Bristol Branch and the Bristol University Society. The event was organised by Ian Bucknell and Elizabeth Evans and extremely well supported. More information and pictures here.
- November 23rd 2014 The latest edition of the Cirencester Branch News is now available on this site. This entire issue is devoted to the memory of Barbara Holden, Branch Ringing Master.
- October 18th 2014 An event has been created on BellBoard to enable linking of all performances during the Peal and Quarter Peal Festival. Access BellBoard using this link and then enter the performance in the usual way and submit it to the Ringing World. All performances should then appear grouped for the festival.
- October 8th 2014 The Association's Insurance Policy document has been updated following renewal of the insurance.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Jan 28 : Chippenham branch, Corsham
Jan 31 : Painswick
7:00pm RWNYC Team Practice
Feb 3 : Cirencester branch, Cirencester St John
7:30pm 12 bell Practice
Feb 4 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Feb 4 : Cirencester branch, Northleach
7:30pm Triples Practice
Feb 6 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Feb 10 : North Cotswold branch, Bourton on the Water
Feb 11 : Cirencester branch, Withington
7:30pm Quarterly Meeting
Feb 14 : Bristol Rural branch, Iron Acton Village Hall
7:15pm Quiz Night
Feb 14 : Gloucester branch, Brockworth
Feb 19 : Chippenham branch, Colerne
7:30pm Triples Practice (simulator)