We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- March 28th 2015 A request has been received from Government for bells to be rung to mark the 70th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE Day). If possible, the desire is for bells to be rung at 11am on Saturday 9 May or alternatively at other convenient time over the weekend Friday to Sunday 8 - 10 May. Although there are other demands for special ringing coming up we hope that this can be given due support. The Church of England has also been approached by Government so church authorities should be aware of the reason for additional ringing.
- March 17th 2015 All of the details of the forthcoming Association AGM to be held on 18 April at Colerne in the Chippenham branch are now available on this site. Also available are the details of the Penn Trophy (8 bell striking competition) to be held at St Andrew, Chippenham and the Croome Trophy (6 bell striking competition) to be held at Langley Burrell.
- March 16th 2015 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. Belfry View March 2015.
- March 16th 2015 Voting for the Tower of the Year competition 2015 took place at the Branch Officers' meeting on March 7. The winners were Pucklechurch in the Bristol Rural branch who will receive the Bliss Trophy. Runners up were Stroud in the Stroud Branch who will receive the Littledean and Purton Trophy. They will be presented at the Association AGM on 18 April at Colerne in the Chippenham branch
- March 11th 2014 The Association Annual Report 2014 and Handbook for 2015 has been published. Corrections to the printed text are here.
- March 2nd 2015 The March edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- February 22nd 2015 The "February" practice for the G & B Youth Team is actually going to be on Sunday 1 March. This is being hosted by
Chipping Sodbury in the Wotton-U-edge Branch. Meet at 2.15 to finish no later
The "March" practice is at Bisley and will be on Saturday 28 March - start time 7.00pm
Any youngsters who have not been to a G & B Youth Team practice before and would like to know more about how it all works, please feel free to telephone Ian Bucknell on Ol453 88425O.
- December 20th 2014 The January edition of the Bristol Rural Branch newsletter is now available on the Bristol Rural website.
- November 23rd 2014 The latest edition of the Cirencester Branch News is now available on this site. This entire issue is devoted to the memory of Barbara Holden, Branch Ringing Master.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Apr 4 : Chippenham, Luckington
7:30pm Skittles and Hot Basket Meals
Apr 6 : Forest, Churcham
Apr 7 : Cirencester, Cirencester St John
7:30pm 12 Bell Practice
Apr 10 : Gloucester, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Apr 11 : Wotton, Wickwar
Apr 11 : Gloucester, Gala Club
7:30pm Branch skittles
Apr 13 : Stroud, Eastington
Apr 13 : Swindon, Blunsdon
Apr 14 : North Cotswold, Bourton on the Water
Apr 16 : Chippenham, Malmesbury
7:30pm Triples Practice (simulator)
Apr 16 : Forest, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Apr 17 : Wotton, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm 8 bell Practice
Apr 18 : Langley Burrell, Chippenham Branch
9:00am Croome Trophy
Apr 18 : Chippenham St Andrew, Chippenham Branch
10:00am Penn Trophy
Apr 18 : Colerne, Chippenham Branch
4:00pm Association AGM
Apr 19 : Cirencester, Gloucester Cathedral
1:20pm Evensong Ringing
Apr 24 : Forest, Hewelsfield
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Apr 25 : Forest, tba
10:00am Training Day
Apr 29 : Tewkesbury, Tirley
7:30pm Join local practice
Apr 29 : Chippenham, Great Somerford