We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the counties of Gloucestershire and north Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol. A diverse area ranging from Swindon in the south east to the border of Wales in the west and the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon in the north.
Here you can find details of the Association, its organisation and all our towers; ringable or not. Contact details if available are also provided. For those interested there is also an explanation of change ringing.
Use the navigation bar or menu above to find what you need.
- March 19th 2018 All of the arrangements for the forthcoming Association AGM to be held on 14 April at St Sampson, Cricklade in the Swindon branch are now available on this site. Also available are the details of the Penn Trophy (8 bell striking competition) to be held at St Leonard, Broad Blunsdon and the Croome Trophy (6 bell striking competition) to be held at St Mary Magdalen, South Marston.
- February 25th 2018 The next practice for potential young ringers in the G & B Youth Team is on Saturday 24 March. The start time is as usual: meet at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start. The practice is hosted by Winchcombe in the Cheltenham Branch and will finish at 9pm.
- February 25th 2018 Voting for the Tower of the Year took place at the Branch Officers' Meeting on 24 February. The winner of the competition for 2018 was Alvington in the Forest Branch. Runners up were Stone in the Wotton under Edge Branch. They will collect their awards at the Association AGM on 14 April at Cricklade.
- February 24th 2018 The Association Annual Report 2017 and Handbook for 2018 has been published. Copies have been distributed to the branches via their officials.
- February 18th 2018 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes reports on the Branch's Christmas Outing, its AGM and about an invasion of Lilliputters!
- December 11th 2017 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. There are reports on the branch quiz, branch ringers of the year, outings, the striking competition as well as quarter peal lists.
- November 17th 2017 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are congratulations, engagements and reports on THE AGM, YPSC and outings galore.
- November 2nd 2017 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now on the branch's website. This issue contains reports on the Branch Outing and the trials and tribulations of the return and rehanging of Brinkworth bells. There is also a notice for the Branch AGM and an appeal for a Branch Secretary.
- October 21st 2017 Additional items have been uploaded to the website. Minutes for every AGM back to 2005 and every obituary in all the Annual Reports back to 1971 are now available on the site. In addition a new page has been added showing the events calendar for the Association.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Mar 21 : Cirencester branch, Hatherop
Mar 21 : Chippenham branch, Sherston
Mar 24 : Winchcombe
7:30pm RWNYC Team Practice
Mar 24 : Swindon branch, Lydiard Tregoze
7:30pm Elementary Practice
Mar 28 : Cirencester branch, Ampney Crucis Village Hall
7:00pm Quiz Evening
Mar 31 : Chippenham branch, tba
Apr 2 : Forest branch, Llangarron
Apr 4 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Apr 4 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Apr 4 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Apr 7 : Wotton branch, Yate
Apr 9 : Stroud branch, Eastington
Apr 12 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
Apr 14 : South Marston, Swindon Branch
9:00am Croome Trophy
Apr 14 : Broad Blunsdon, Swindon Branch
10:00am Penn Trophy
Apr 14 : Cricklade, Swindon Branch
4:00pm Association AGM
Apr 19 : Chippenham branch, Charlton
Apr 19 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Apr 20 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:15pm Joint 8 bell Practice