We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- December 7th 2016 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now on this site. This, the last issue which will be printed contains articles about the branch outing to the Newent area, Brinkworth bells and what happened over the Peal and Quarter Peal Festival.
- October 27th 2016 Swindon Branch have changed website providers. The new site is at www.swindonringers.org.uk. The old site is no longer available.
- October 22nd 2016 The G&B Peal and Quarter Peal Festival 2016 starts (nominally) today and runs until next Sunday 30 October. In order to group performances together for eventual publication in the Ringing World an event has been created on Bellboard here. Click on 'Link Performance' and then 'Tower', then enter the details as normal. At the completion of the festival all the performances will be submitted for publication together.
- October 21st 2016 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site.
- October 5th 2016 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on this site. There are reports on the striking competition, birthday and wedding anniversary celebrations and peal and quarter peal lists.
- July 2nd 2016 The Ringing World National Youth Contest took place in London on Saturday 2 July. The G&B Team of Margaret Pang, Fen Tongue, Maddie Johnson, Susannah Moore, Ben Haslam, Thomas Moller, Julian Howes and Oliver Bradley took part in one of the three qualifing sessions held at St Dunstan in the West. Unfortunately, despite being classified with an A they were not successful in progressing to the final at St Olave, Hart Street. Only one change ringing band and one call changes band progressed to the final and from St Dunstan this place was taken by an Oxford DG band. They and the rest of the group made full use of the ringing opportunities available however. More information and pictures will be available soon.
- April 13th 2016 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 9th 2016 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site. Also available are the results of the Tower of the Year competition.
- March 5th 2016 The Association Annual Report 2015 and Handbook for 2016 has been published. Copies have been distributed to the branches via their officials.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Dec 12 : Swindon branch, Stratton St Margaret
Dec 15 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Dec 15 : Cirencester branch, Rendcomb
Dec 16 : Cheltenham branch, Swindon Village
Dec 16 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm Joint 8 bell Practice
Dec 17 : Forest branch, Longhope
6:30pm Carol Service
Dec 21 : Cirencester branch, Withington
7:30pm Plain Bob Doubles Practice
Dec 23 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm Treble Bob and Surprise Minor Practice
Dec 28 : Swindon branch, tba
Dec 28 : Bristol Rural branch, Frampton Cotterell
2:30pm Practice (post Mince Pies)
Jan 2 : Forest branch, TBA
Jan 3 : Wotton branch, Wotton under Edge
7:30pm Triples Practice
Jan 4 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Jan 4 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Jan 6 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Jan 7 : Bristol Rural branch, TBA
Jan 7 : Wotton branch, TBA
Jan 9 : Swindon branch, tba