We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- July 21st 2017 The Forest Branch Walk, scheduled for tomorrow (22 July) at Clearwell and Newland has been CANCELLED due to an adverse weather forecast: high winds and heavy rain, including thunderstorms.
- July 14th 2017 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now on the branch's website. This issue contains reports on the Ring and Ramble and the Branch Striking Competition together with a notice for the Branch Outing.
- July 14th 2017 The latest edition of the North Cotswold Branch Newsletter is now on the branch's website. This issue contains a crossword and reports on the committee meeting and skittles. There are also details of the branch's outing in July.
- July 10th 2016 The Ringing World National Youth Contest took place in Birmingham on Saturday 1 July. The G&B Team took part in one of the three qualifing sessions held at Harbourne. They were successful in the qualifiers and rang in the final at St Pauls in the Jewellery Quarter, coming a very creditable 5th despite being a very young band. They and the rest of the group made full use of the ringing opportunities available including the 16 at St Martins in the Bull Ring. A full report with pictures and some of the group's impressions of the day is here.
- May 22nd 2017 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes details of the Branch's Striking Competition and Outing, as well as a strange visitor to Swindon St Mark.
- April 12th 2017 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 1st 2017 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
- March 19th 2017 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are reports on the branch AGM and information about the upcoming Association AGM which is being hosted in the branch plus the branch quiz as well as the usual peal and quarter peal lists.
- March 16th 2017 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. There are reports on the branch quiz, branch ringers of the year and the Bisley peal as well as peal and quarter peal lists.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Jul 30 : Forest branch, Newent
7:00pm Triples Practice
Aug 1 : Wotton branch, Wotton under Edge
7:30pm Triples Practice
Aug 2 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Aug 2 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Aug 2 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Aug 4 : Tewkesbury branch, Woolstone & Bishop's Cleeve
10:15am Morning Mini Outing
Aug 4 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Aug 5 : Cirencester branch, North Cotswolds
Aug 5 : Wotton branch, Wotton under Edge
Aug 7 : Forest branch, Hartpury
Aug 8 : North Cotswold branch, Stow on the Wold
Aug 9 : Stroud branch, Stonehouse
Aug 10 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
Aug 12 : Gloucester branch, Frampton
Aug 14 : Swindon branch, Cricklade
Aug 15 : Cheltenham branch, Gloucester Cathedral
7:30pm Joint Practice
Aug 16 : Cirencester branch, Coln St Denys
Aug 17 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Aug 18 : Bristol branch, Cathedral
Aug 18 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm Joint 8 bell Practice
Aug 19 : Bristol Rural branch, Dyrham
Aug 19 : Forest branch, Longhope
Aug 21 : Chippenham branch, Lacock