We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
What's New On This Site?
- December 4th 2013 The December edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- October 12th 2013 The October edition of the North Cotswold Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- October 6th 2013 A new Child Protection Policy, conforming with the current legislation, has been approved by Management Committee. The policy can be viewed here.
- October 4th 2013 The Association's Insurance Policy document has been updated following renewal of the insurance.
- September 2nd 2013 The September edition of the Cirencester Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- July 14th 2013 Pictures from the Ringing World National Youth Contest in York are now available here
- July 7th 2013 The Ringing World National Youth Contest was held in York on Saturday 6 July 2013. The G&B team again won
the method category ringing Grandsire Triples but were unfortunately forced into third place overall by bands
ringing call changes. This is a disappointment after last year's success but still shows the strength
of the band and the value of the extensive practices.
Team manager Ian Bucknell said "Having won the competition in 2012 we are naturally disappointed with our placing this year but this is tempered by being, once again, the best band ringing method and we look forward to next year's competition which is to be hosted by Worcester. With no one in the G&B team leaving by virtue of the age restriction and with the expectation that other young G&B ringers will join the established group, we can look forward to another strong attempt in 2014." The team would also like to thank the Yorkshire ringers who welcomed them to Friday night practices and Sunday morning ringing in the area.
The band were as follows: Ben Elvey - Charlton Kings 1, Russell Scudamore - Coalpit Heath 2, Fen Tongue - Bisley 3, Connie Tongue - Bisley 4, Alan Eyles - Christchurch Swindon 5, Julian Howes - Bisley 6, Michael Woodward - Purton (C) 7, Ryan Brown - Bisley 8. Travelling Reserves: Greg Jones - Tewkesbury Abbey, Paul Sampson - Woodchester, Amelie Hunnebeck-Wells - Bisley and Corrine Hunnebeck-Wells - Bisley.
- April 16th 2012 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 13th 2012 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.
7:30pm Branch Practice
Dec 10 : North Cotswold branch, Bourton on the Water
7:30pm Branch practice
Dec 11 : Cheltenham branch, Cheltenham St Christopher
7:00pm Branch Practice
Dec 14 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
Dec 18 : Chippenham branch, Sherston
7:30pm Branch Practice
Dec 20 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury
Dec 28 : Bristol Rural branch, Frampton
2:30pm Branch Practice (post Mince Pies)
Jan 1 : Bristol branch, Henbury
Jan 4 : Wotton branch, Stroud (in lieu of Berkeley)