We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- December 8th 2014 The December edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- December 1st 2014 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. Belfry View December 2014. Full information is given for the Branch outing to Bath and area on December 27.
- November 27th 2014 The last G & B Youth Team practice was held on Sunday 23 November at St Stephens, Bristol. It was jointly hosted by the Bristol Branch and the Bristol University Society. The event was organised by Ian Bucknell and Elizabeth Evans and extremely well supported. More information and pictures here.
- November 23rd 2014 The latest edition of the Cirencester Branch News is now available on this site. This entire issue is devoted to the memory of Barbara Holden, Branch Ringing Master.
- October 18th 2014 An event has been created on BellBoard to enable linking of all performances during the Peal and Quarter Peal Festival. Access BellBoard using this link and then enter the performance in the usual way and submit it to the Ringing World. All performances should then appear grouped for the festival.
- October 8th 2014 The Association's Insurance Policy document has been updated following renewal of the insurance.
- July 7th 2014 The G&B Youth Team took part in the Ringing World National Youth Contest at Worcester on Saturday July 5th. They produced some excellent ringing in the practice piece but unfortunately a method mistake in the test piece resulted in an A- by the judges and 2nd place in the method ringing category. In their summing up the judges singled out the team's performance as having 'the potential to be great'. Full story with pictures here. Planning now starts for the 2015 competition!
- May 1st 2014 The April edition of the North Cotswold Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- April 14th 2014 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Dec 19 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury
Dec 20 : Forest branch, St Briavels
6:30pm Carol Service
Dec 27 : Swindon branch, TBA
Dec 27 : Bristol Rural branch, Frampton
2:30pm Practice (post Mince Pies)
Jan 3 : Wotton branch, Marshfield
Jan 6 : Cirencester branch, Cirencester St John
7:30pm 12 Bell Practice
Jan 7 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Jan 7 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Jan 8 : Chippenham branch, Langley Burrell
7:30pm Doubles Practice
Jan 10 : Bristol Rural branch, TBA
Jan 12 : Swindon branch, TBA
Jan 13 : North Cotswold branch, Mickleton
Jan 15 : Chippenham branch, Langley Burrell
Jan 16 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury