We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the counties of Gloucestershire and north Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol. A diverse area ranging from Swindon in the south east to the border of Wales in the west and the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon in the north.
Here you can find details of the Association, its organisation and all our towers; ringable or not. Contact details if available are also provided. For those interested there is also an explanation of change ringing.
Use the navigation bar or menu above to find what you need.
- April 17th 2018 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 16th 2018 The Practice in Gloucester Branch on 25 April will now take place at UPTON ST LEONARDS instead of Hempsted as advertised. Ringing begins at the usual time of 7.30pm.
- April 14th 2018 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
- April 1st 2018 The next practice for potential young ringers in the G & B Youth Team is on Saturday 21 April. The start time is as usual: meet at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start. The practice is hosted by Hempsted in the Gloucester Branch and will finish at 9pm. Please note that the bells are rung from the chancel and the church can be quite cold; dress accordingly!
- February 25th 2018 Voting for the Tower of the Year took place at the Branch Officers' Meeting on 24 February. The winner of the competition for 2018 was Alvington in the Forest Branch. Runners up were Stone in the Wotton under Edge Branch. They collected their awards at the Association AGM on 14 April at Cricklade.
- February 24th 2018 The Association Annual Report 2017 and Handbook for 2018 has been published. Copies have been distributed to the branches via their officials.
- February 18th 2018 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes reports on the Branch's Christmas Outing, its AGM and about an invasion of Lilliputters!
- December 11th 2017 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. There are reports on the branch quiz, branch ringers of the year, outings, the striking competition as well as quarter peal lists.
- November 17th 2017 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are congratulations, engagements and reports on THE AGM, YPSC and outings galore.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Apr 22 : Cirencester branch, Gloucester Cathedral
1:20pm Evensong Ringing
Apr 25 : Gloucester branch, Upton St Leonards
Apr 28 : Bristol Rural branch, Olveston
Apr 28 : Swindon branch, Minety
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Apr 30 : Cheltenham branch, Leckhampton
7:30pm Grandsire Triples Calling
May 2 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
May 2 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
May 2 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
May 4 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
May 5 : Wotton branch, Upper Cam
May 5 : Wotton branch, Coaley
5:00pm Service, Tea, Branch Meeting and Ringing
May 7 : Chippenham branch, tba
9:45am Ring and Ramble
May 7 : Bristol Rural branch, South Herefordshire
10:00am Mayday Outing
May 7 : Forest branch, Hewelsfield
May 10 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
May 11 : Cirencester branch, Fairford
7:30pm Quarterly Meeting
May 12 : Chippenham branch, Great Somerford
2:30pm Practice and Business Meeting
May 12 : Stroud branch, Brimpsfield
May 12 : Stroud branch, Bisley
5:30pm Service, Tea, Meeting and Ringing
May 12 : Gloucester branch, Quedgeley
May 14 : Swindon branch, Wroughton
May 17 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
May 17 : Chippenham branch, Langley Burrell
7:30pm Doubles Practice
May 18 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:45pm Joint 8 bell Practice
May 19 : Bristol Rural branch, Warmley
May 19 : Forest branch, Ruardean
May 20 : Cirencester branch,
Quarter Peal Day