We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the counties of Gloucestershire and north Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol. A diverse area ranging from Swindon in the south east to the border of Wales in the west and the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon in the north.
Here you can find details of the Association, its organisation and all our towers; ringable or not. Contact details if available are also provided. For those interested there is also an explanation of change ringing.
Use the navigation bar or menu above to find what you need.
- July 8th 2018 On Saturday 7 July in London the G&B Youth Team took part in the 2018 Ringing World National Youth Contest. The G&B Team were: 1) Ivan Barritt - Barnsley & Cirencester Branch; 2) Mary Pang - Barnwood & Gloucester Branch; 3) Madeleine Johnson - Much Marcle & Forest Branch; 4) Ben White-Horne - Stone & Wotton-under-Edge Branch; 5) Alistair White-Horne - Stone & Wotton-under-Edge Branch; 6) James Joynson (C) - Chipping Sodbury & Wotton-under-Edge Branch; 7) Thomas Moller - Filton & Bristol Rural Branch; 8) Matthew Woods - Cirencester & Cirencester Branch.
The travelling reserves were: Ed Miller - Stone & Wotton-under-Edge Branch; Isabella Beattie - Kempsford & Cirencester Branch.
The band rang in the eliminator at St George in the East, Stepney. Unfortunately they were unable to qualify for the final at St James, Garlickhythe. Nevertheless full advantage was taken of the opportunities to ring at various open towers in the capital during the day.
- June 14th 2018 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes reports on the Association AGM and both forthcoming and courses past as well as the usual peal and quarter peal reports.
- June 4th 2018 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are congratulations for weddings and striking competitions, reports on visits to the Cathedral and outings.
- May 12th 2018 The Association has a Data Protection Policy in compliance with the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In association with the policy there is also a Privacy Notice for the Association and its website.
- May 2nd 2018 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter has been updated to reflect a change of date for the Branch Practice at Great Somerford. Instead of 12 May this will now take place on 19 May. This issue also contains reports on the skittles evening and training morning and a preview of the Ring and Ramble on Monday 7 May as well as the usual reports and peal / quarter peal lists.
- April 17th 2018 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 14th 2018 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
- February 25th 2018 Voting for the Tower of the Year took place at the Branch Officers' Meeting on 24 February. The winner of the competition for 2018 was Alvington in the Forest Branch. Runners up were Stone in the Wotton under Edge Branch. They collected their awards at the Association AGM on 14 April at Cricklade.
- February 24th 2018 The Association Annual Report 2017 and Handbook for 2018 has been published. Copies have been distributed to the branches via their officials.
- December 11th 2017 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. There are reports on the branch quiz, branch ringers of the year, outings, the striking competition as well as quarter peal lists.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Aug 15 : Cirencester branch, Coln St Denys
Aug 15 : Chippenham branch, Colerne
Aug 16 : Cheltenham branch, Tewkesbury Abbey
7:15pm Joint Practice
Aug 16 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Aug 17 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:15pm Joint 8 bell Practice
Aug 18 : Bristol Rural branch, Dyrham
Aug 18 : Forest branch, Longhope
Aug 26 : Forest branch, Newent
7:00pm Triples Practice
Sep 1 : Wotton branch, Stone
Sep 3 : Forest branch, Bromesberrow
Sep 5 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Sep 5 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Sep 5 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Sep 7 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Sep 8 : Gloucester branch, Oxford
Sep 8 : Stroud branch, Chalford
Sep 8 : Stroud branch, Minchinhampton
5:30pm Service, Tea, Meeting and Ringing
Sep 10 : Swindon branch, tba
Sep 11 : Cirencester branch, Great Barrington
7:30pm Quarterly Meeting
Sep 13 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
Sep 15 : Barnwood
10:00am Management Committee Meeting
Sep 15 : Forest branch, Ruardean