We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- August 25th 2014 The September edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- July 16th 2014 Registration is now available for the Autumn Training Day which takes place, as usual, in Wotton under Edge on 11 October. Courses on offer range from St Simon's Doubles to Belfry Maintenance and Correcting Oddstruckness. Online registration is available here. Alternatively you can download and print full course details and an application form. The closing date is 15 September.
- July 7th 2014 The G&B Youth Team took part in the Ringing World National Youth Contest at Worcester on Saturday July 5th. They produced some excellent ringing in the practice piece but unfortunately a method mistake in the test piece resulted in an A- by the judges and 2nd place in the method ringing category. In their summing up the judges singled out the team's performance as having 'the potential to be great'. Full story with pictures here. Planning now starts for the 2015 competition!
- June 29th 2014 The latest edition of the Cirencester Branch News is now available on this site. Subjects covered include the Striking Competition results, significant birthdays and anniversaries and how to avoid ringing peals. The branch's resident bards also get a poetry corner!
- May 1st 2014 The April edition of the North Cotswold Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- April 14th 2014 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 7th 2014 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
- March 10th 2014 A guide to correcting oddstruckness in bells has been produced by Malcom Taylor, co-ordinating Belfry Adviser. It is available here. Those of a nervous disposition are advised that it includes a picture of a bare knee!
- March 1st 2014 Voting for the 2014 Tower of the Year competition took place at the Branch Officers' meeting on March 1. The winners were Kington St Michael in the Chippenham Branch. Voting was very close for second place but that was taken by Frampton Cotterell in the Bristol Rural Branch. They received their trophies at the Association AGM on April 5 in Bristol. All of the entries are available here.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Sep 1 : Forest branch, Alvington
7:30pm Branch Practice
Sep 2 : Cirencester branch, Cirencester St John
7:30pm 12 Bell Practice
Sep 2 : Stroud branch, Stroud
7:30pm Stedman Practice
Sep 3 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Sep 3 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Sep 5 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Sep 6 : Cheltenham branch, Newbury
Outing to RW Roadshow
Sep 6 : Bristol Rural branch, TBA
Sep 6 : Stroud branch, Newbury
Outing to Ringing World Roadshow
Sep 6 : Cirencester branch, Ringing World Roadshow, Newbury
Sep 9 : North Cotswold branch, Mickleton
Sep 10 : Cirencester branch, North Cerney
7:30pm Quarterly Meeting
Sep 11 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Sep 13 : Swindon branch, Lydiard Millicent
2:00pm Striking Competition
Sep 13 : Gloucester branch, TBA
4:30pm Branch Striking Competition
Sep 18 : Chippenham branch, Langley Burrell
7:30pm Doubles Practice
Sep 19 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury
Sep 20 : Barnwood
10:00am Management Committee Meeting
Sep 20 : Forest branch, Staunton, Coleford
7:00pm Branch Practice
Sep 21 : Bristol Rural branch, Gloucester Cathedral
1:30pm Evensong ringing
Sep 23 : Bristol branch, Southville
Sep 24 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Sep 25 : Chippenham branch, Grittleton
Sep 26 : Forest branch, TBA
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Sep 27 : Wotton branch, TBA
Sep 27 : Chippenham branch, South West Birmingham
Branch Coach Outing, non ringers welcome
Sep 27 : Stroud branch, Cranham
3:00pm Ringing, Tea and Meeting
Sep 27 : Bristol Rural branch, Olveston
Sep 27 : Stroud branch, Painswick