We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- July 16th 2014 Registration is now available for the Autumn Training Day which takes place, as usual, in Wotton under Edge on 11 October. Courses on offer range from St Simon's Doubles to Belfry Maintenance and Correcting Oddstruckness. Online registration is available here. Alternatively you can download and print full course details and an application form. The closing date is 15 September.
- July 7th 2014 The G&B Youth Team took part in the Ringing World National Youth Contest at Worcester on Saturday July 5th. They produced some excellent ringing in the practice piece but unfortunately a method mistake in the test piece resulted in an A- by the judges and 2nd place in the method ringing category. In their summing up the judges singled out the team's performance as having 'the potential to be great'. Full story with pictures here. Planning now starts for the 2015 competition!
- June 29th 2014 The latest edition of the Cirencester Branch News is now available on this site. Subjects covered include the Striking Competition results, significant birthdays and anniversaries and how to avoid ringing peals. The branch's resident bards also get a poetry corner!
- June 4th 2014 The June edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- May 1st 2014 The April edition of the North Cotswold Branch newsletter is now available on this site.
- April 14th 2014 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
- April 7th 2014 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site.
- March 10th 2014 A guide to correcting oddstruckness in bells has been produced by Malcom Taylor, co-ordinating Belfry Adviser. It is available here. Those of a nervous disposition are advised that it includes a picture of a bare knee!
- March 1st 2014 Voting for the 2014 Tower of the Year competition took place at the Branch Officers' meeting on March 1. The winners were Kington St Michael in the Chippenham Branch. Voting was very close for second place but that was taken by Frampton Cotterell in the Bristol Rural Branch. They received their trophies at the Association AGM on April 5 in Bristol. All of the entries are available here.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Jul 22 : Chippenham branch, Brinkworth
Jul 23 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Jul 25 : Forest branch, TBA
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Jul 26 : Bristol Rural branch, Warmley
Aug 1 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Aug 2 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
Aug 4 : Forest branch, Redmarley
7:30pm Branch Practice
Aug 5 : Cirencester branch, Cirencester St John
7:30pm 12 Bell Practice
Aug 5 : Stroud branch, Stroud
7:30pm Stedman Practice
Aug 6 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Aug 8 : Stroud branch, Minchinhampton
Aug 9 : Bristol Rural branch, TBA
Aug 9 : Gloucester branch, Churchdown
Aug 10 : North Cotswold branch, Gloucester Cathedral
1:20pm Evensong Ringing
Aug 11 : Swindon branch, Ashton Keynes
Aug 12 : North Cotswold branch, Bourton on the Water
Aug 15 : Bristol Rural branch, Chipping Sodbury
Aug 16 : Cheltenham branch, Stanton
Aug 16 : Forest branch, Minsterworth
7:00pm Branch Practice
Aug 16 : Cheltenham branch, Buckland
Aug 21 : Chippenham branch, Malmesbury
7:30pm Triples Practice (simulator)
Aug 21 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice