We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the county of Gloucestershire and the north of Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol.
Interested in learning to ring? We'd love to teach you! Read all about it on our Learning to Ring page which includes the answers to some common questions. We always need ringers and you would be assured of a warm welcome whether you're 9 or 90!
In view of the current situation with coronavirus Covid-19 you should consider any ringing times given in the calendar or the tower listings as subject to verification. Many towers have not yet restarted practices or Sunday service ringing and others are only ringing to a limited extent. Please do not travel unless you are absolutely certain that any ringing is actually taking place.
- September 12th 2021 The delayed Ringing World National Youth Contest took place in Worcester on Saturday 11 September. There were two G&B Teams; one in the method ringing and one in the call changes categories. Despite a lack of experience both teams did well with the method ringers placed 4th and the call change ringers 3rd. A full report with photos is available here.
- August 30th 2021 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It details the various activities taking place to restart ringing and information about the Branch's new simulator at Christ Church.
- August 30th 2021 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. This is the Returning to Ringing edition, featuring a list of the branch's towers and their ringing activity as everyone tries to get back to normal.
- August 23rd 2021 The Autumn Training Day, scheduled for 9 October, has been cancelled. Although the Covid-19 situation is improving it is not clear what the exact situation will be in October and therefore the risk has been deemed unacceptable.
- August 1st 2021 The second G&B Ringing Summer School will take place during the week of August 23 - 29. There are 26 seminars in all on a wide range of subjects. During the week there is a single matinee seminar at 3pm and three at 7.30pm. At the weekend there are three starting at 3pm on both days.
Full details including how to register is here. The large number of people likely to take part means that the only way to register is via the link at the bottom of the seminar details. Entries cannot be accepted by email or by phone, sorry.
- May 23rd 2021 The results of the striking competitions for the Penn (eight bell) and Croome (six bell) trophies are now available on this site. These competitions were delayed from AGM day due to the funeral of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. In addition, because of the Coronavirus emergency they both took place online using the Ringing Room application.
- April 20th 2021 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are available here
- April 17th 2021 The Association AGM took place on Zoom on 17 April 2021, starting at 10am; earlier because of the funeral of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. In addition to the usual business the meeting elected a new Peal Secretary in Simon Edwards of Swindon Branch and a Honorary Life Member in Hugh Evans, past chairman. Congratulations to them both.
In order for the meeting to take place in the morning both Striking Competitions - due to take place on Ringing Room - were postponed.
- March 4th 2021 A check list to be carried out on the belfry prior to recommencing ringing has been produced by the Co-ordinating Belfry Adviser Malcolm Taylor. It helps to ensure that ringing can restart safely and with confidence that there is nothing untoward in the bell installation. Download it here. It is also available via the Association Information page of the Resources menu.
- February 26th 2021 It's now possible to make a Gift Aid declaration acceptable to HMRC via email. Go to this dedicated page and follow the instructions on how. The page also includes a link to the paper form of the declaration if preferred.
- August 16th 2020 Two new Belfry Advisers have been appointed by the Management Committee. They are Matthew Johnson and Jonathan Storey.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Oct 24 : Forest branch, Zoom and Ringing Room
7:00pm An Evening of Erin
Oct 31 : Forest branch, Zoom and Ringing Room
7:00pm Branch Practice
Nov 6 : Gloucester branch, Zoom