We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- January 16th 2017 A reminder that entries are open for the Tower of the Year competition 2017. The closing date is 31 January. All of the entries will be available here. Voting for the winner will take place at the Branch Officers' Meeting on 4 March.
- January 11th 2017 The next practice of the 2017 G&B Team for the Ringing World Youth Contest will take place on Saturday 28 January at Barnwood starting at 7.15pm. In addition to the tower the parish rooms will also be available to the participants.
- December 7th 2016 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now on this site. This, the last issue which will be printed contains articles about the branch outing to the Newent area, Brinkworth bells and what happened over the Peal and Quarter Peal Festival.
- October 27th 2016 Swindon Branch have changed website providers. The new site is at www.swindonringers.org.uk. The old site is no longer available.
- October 22nd 2016 The G&B Peal and Quarter Peal Festival 2016 starts (nominally) today and runs until next Sunday 30 October. In order to group performances together for eventual publication in the Ringing World an event has been created on Bellboard here. Click on 'Link Performance' and then 'Tower', then enter the details as normal. At the completion of the festival all the performances will be submitted for publication together.
- October 21st 2016 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site.
- October 5th 2016 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on this site. There are reports on the striking competition, birthday and wedding anniversary celebrations and peal and quarter peal lists.
- July 2nd 2016 The Ringing World National Youth Contest took place in London on Saturday 2 July. The G&B Team of Margaret Pang, Fen Tongue, Maddie Johnson, Susannah Moore, Ben Haslam, Thomas Moller, Julian Howes and Oliver Bradley took part in one of the three qualifing sessions held at St Dunstan in the West. Unfortunately, despite being classified with an A they were not successful in progressing to the final at St Olave, Hart Street. Only one change ringing band and one call changes band progressed to the final and from St Dunstan this place was taken by an Oxford DG band. They and the rest of the group made full use of the ringing opportunities available however. More information and pictures will be available soon.
- April 13th 2016 The unapproved minutes of the recent Association AGM are availablehere
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Jan 17 : Cirencester branch, Cirencester St John
7:30pm 10/12 bell practice
Jan 19 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Jan 20 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm Joint 8 bell Practice
Jan 21 : Forest branch, TBA
Jan 21 : Swindon branch, tba
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Jan 27 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm Treble Bob and Surprise Minor Practice
Jan 27 : Cirencester branch, Lechlade
7:45pm Practice. Note start time
Jan 28 : Bristol Rural branch, Alveston
Jan 28 : St John, Cirencester
3:00pm Management Committee Meeting
Jan 28 : Barnwood
7:15pm RWNYC Team Practice
Jan 31 : Tewkesbury branch, Overbury (tbc)
7:30pm Join local practice
Feb 1 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Feb 1 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Feb 4 : Wotton branch, Stinchcombe
Feb 7 : Wotton branch, Wotton under Edge
7:30pm Triples Practice
Feb 8 : Cirencester branch, Withington
7:30pm Quarterly Meeting
Feb 9 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
Feb 17 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm Joint 8 bell Practice