We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the counties of Gloucestershire and north Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol. A diverse area ranging from Swindon in the south east to the border of Wales in the west and the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon in the north.
Here you can find details of the Association, its organisation and all our towers; ringable or not. Contact details if available are also provided. For those interested there is also an explanation of change ringing.
Use the navigation bar or menu above to find what you need.
- February 18th 2018 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes reports on the Branch's Christmas Outing, its AGM and about an invasion of Lilliputters!
- February 6th 2018 Six entries for the 2018 Tower of the Year competition have now been received for the competition by the closing date of 31 January. All of the entries are available to view here. Voting for the winner will take place at the Branch Officers' Meeting on 24 February.
- January 29th 2018 The next practice for potential young ringers in the G & B Youth Team is on Saturday 24 February. The start time is as usual: meet at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start. The practice is hosted by Bisley in the Stroud Branch and will finish at 9pm. The organiser notes that it's likely to be a tight squeeze in the ringing chamber but there will be access to the church.
- January 27th 2018 Registration is now available for the Spring Training Day which takes place based in Cirencester on 10 March. Courses on offer range from Elementary to 7/8 bell ringing. The closing date is 2 March. Online registration is available here. Alternatively full course details and an application form are available to download and print.
- January 5th 2018 The G&B Youth Team practice took place on New Year's Eve on the newly rehung bells of Cheltenham Minster. The band made good use of these bells and would like to thank Liz Coke and the Cheltenham ringers for kindly allowing them to ring.
- December 11th 2017 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. There are reports on the branch quiz, branch ringers of the year, outings, the striking competition as well as quarter peal lists.
- November 17th 2017 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are congratulations, engagements and reports on THE AGM, YPSC and outings galore.
- November 2nd 2017 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now on the branch's website. This issue contains reports on the Branch Outing and the trials and tribulations of the return and rehanging of Brinkworth bells. There is also a notice for the Branch AGM and an appeal for a Branch Secretary.
- October 21st 2017 Additional items have been uploaded to the website. Minutes for every AGM back to 2005 and every obituary in all the Annual Reports back to 1971 are now available on the site. In addition a new page has been added showing the events calendar for the Association.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Feb 24 : Barnwood
10:00am Branch Officers' Meeting
Feb 24 : Barnwood
2:00pm Management Committee Meeting
Feb 24 : Swindon branch, Hannington
7:30pm Surprise Minor Practice
Feb 24 : Bisley
7:30pm RWNYC Team Practice
Feb 25 : Forest branch, Newent
7:00pm Triples Practice
Mar 2 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Mar 3 : Wotton branch, Slimbridge
Mar 5 : Forest branch, Alvington
Mar 7 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Mar 7 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Mar 7 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Mar 8 : Wotton branch, Cromhall
2:00pm Surprise Minor Practice
Mar 10 : Cirencester
9:30am Spring Training Day
Mar 11 : Wotton branch, Horton Village Hall (tbc)
1:00pm Ringers' Spring Lunch
Mar 12 : Swindon branch, Bishopstone
Mar 13 : Stroud branch, Painswick
Mar 15 : Chippenham branch, Langley Burrell
7:30pm Doubles Practice
Mar 15 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Mar 16 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:15pm Joint 8 bell Practice
Mar 17 : Forest branch, Dymock
Mar 21 : Cirencester branch, Hatherop
Mar 21 : Chippenham branch, Sherston