We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses.
Tower details are listed here, along with an explanation of change ringing and a sprinkling of links and pictures.
New Visitors Start Here
- March 21st 2017 The next practice for the G & B Youth Team is on Saturday 22 April, meet at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start, kindly hosted by Blunsdon in the Swindon Branch.
- March 19th 2017 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on this site. There are reports on the branch AGM and information about the upcoming Association AGM which is being hosted in the branch plus the branch quiz as well as the usual peal and quarter peal lists.
- March 16th 2017 The latest edition of Stroud Branch Newsletter is now on this site. There are reports on the branch quiz, branch ringers of the year and the Bisley peal as well as peal and quarter peal lists.
- March 8th 2016 All of the arrangements for the forthcoming Association AGM to be held on 1 April at Chedworth in the Cirencester branch are now available on this site. Also available are the details of the Penn Trophy (8 bell striking competition) to be held at St John, Coln St Aldwyns and the Croome Trophy (6 bell striking competition) to be held at St Oswald, Compton Abdale. Also there are eight open towers in the morning and one open after the AGM.
- March 4th 2017 The winner of the Tower of the Year competition 2017 was decided at the Branch Officers' meeting. The winner was Bourton on the Water in North Cotswold branch and the runner up was Liddington in the Swindon branch. They will receive their trophies at the Association AGM on 1 April at Chedworth. All nine entries are available to view here.
- March 4th 2017 The Association Annual Report 2016 and Handbook for 2017 has been published. Copies have been distributed to the branches via their officials.
- February 15th 2017 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site.
- December 7th 2016 The latest edition of Strike Note, the Chippenham Branch newsletter is now on this site. This, the last issue which will be printed contains articles about the branch outing to the Newent area, Brinkworth bells and what happened over the Peal and Quarter Peal Festival.
- October 27th 2016 Swindon Branch have changed website providers. The new site is at www.swindonringers.org.uk. The old site is no longer available.
Sign Our Visitor's Book
Click here to leave a message if you have any comments, updates or corrections.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Mar 28 : Tewkesbury branch, The Leigh. Branch meeting after
7:15pm Join local practice
Apr 1 : Compton Abdale, Cirencester Branch
9:00am Croome Trophy
Apr 1 : Coln St Aldwyns, Cirencester Branch
10:00am Penn Trophy
Apr 1 : Chedworth, Cirencester Branch
4:00pm Association AGM
Apr 3 : Stroud branch, Eastington
Apr 3 : Forest branch, Tibberton
Apr 4 : Wotton branch, Wotton under Edge
7:30pm Triples Practice
Apr 5 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Apr 5 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Apr 5 : Bristol branch, Henbury
7:30pm 8 bell practice
Apr 7 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Apr 8 : Wotton branch, Upper Cam
Apr 8 : Gloucester branch, Stroud
7:30pm Joint Practice
Apr 10 : Swindon branch, tba
7:30pm Handbell Practice
Apr 12 : Cirencester branch, Ampney Crucis Village Hall
7:30pm Quiz Evening
Apr 15 : Chippenham branch, Colerne
7:00pm Skittles, tickets from Roger Haynes
Apr 20 : Forest branch, Lydney
7:30pm 10 bell Practice
Apr 21 : Wotton branch, Chipping Sodbury
7:30pm Joint 8 bell Practice
Apr 22 : Bristol Rural branch, Wapley
Apr 22 : Blunsdon
7:15pm RWNYC Team Practice
Apr 22 : Swindon branch, Liddington
7:30pm Elementary Practice
Apr 23 : Cheltenham branch,
St George's Day Quarters
Apr 23 : Tewkesbury branch, various
Ringing for St George's Day
Apr 23 : Cirencester branch, Gloucester Cathedral
1:20pm Evensong Ringing