We are an association of change ringers covering the Church of England's Bristol and Gloucester Dioceses. These cover the counties of Gloucestershire and north Wiltshire, together with the city of Bristol. A diverse area ranging from Swindon in the south east to the border of Wales in the west and the outskirts of Stratford upon Avon in the north.
Here you can find details of the Association, its organisation and all our towers; ringable or not. Contact details if available are also provided. For those interested there is also an explanation of change ringing.
Use the navigation bar or menu above to find what you need.
- March 12th 2019 Additional items have been uploaded to the website. Every obituary in all the Annual Reports back to 1948 is now available on the site.
- March 3rd 2019 All of the arrangements for the forthcoming Association AGM to be held on 6 April at St Michael, Mitcheldean in the Forest branch are now available on this site. Also available are the details of the Penn Trophy (8 bell striking competition) to be held at St Mary the Virgin, St Briavels and the Croome Trophy (6 bell striking competition) to be held at St Mary Magdalen, Hewelsfield.
- March 2nd 2019 Voting for the Tower of the Year took place at the Branch Officers' Meeting on 2 March. The winner of the competition for 2019 was Almondsbury in the Bristol Rural Branch. Joint runners up were Barnsley in the Cirencester Branch and Tidenham in the Forest Branch. They collect their awards at the Association AGM on 6 April at Mitcheldean.
- March 2nd 2019 The Association Annual Report 2018 and Handbook for 2019 has been published. Copies have been distributed to the branches via their officers.
- February 24th 2019 The next G & B Youth Team practice is being hosted at All Saints, Bisley on Saturday 23 March. The ringing chamber will be cosy if you all turn up in the same numbers BUT we will open the church for the toilets and the kitchen. There are two pubs in the village for those parents who wish to have some quiet time together without their beloved teenagers! Meet 7.15pm for 7.30 start and we will finish at 9pm as usual.
- January 31st 2019 The latest edition of Swindon Branch's quarterly newsletter Belfry View is now on this site. It includes amongst other things reports on the Christmas outing and the Ringing Remembers Armistice commemoration. There is also a bumper listing of peals, half peals and quarter peals.
- November 24th 2018 The latest edition of Wotton Branch's quarterly newsletter The Clangour is now on this site. This bumper edition includes amongst other things news from the towers, Sarah and Matthew Lorkin's wedding, the branch outing report and the usual peal and quarter peals.
- October 2nd 2018 Almondsbury bells in the Bristol Rural branch are in the process of being removed from the tower for rehanging. There will be no practice or service ringing until they are returned; probably some time in mid-January.
- June 4th 2018 The latest edition of Cirencester Branch News is now on the branch's website. There are congratulations for weddings and striking competitions, reports on visits to the Cathedral and outings.
- May 12th 2018 The Association has a Data Protection Policy in compliance with the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In association with the policy there is also a Privacy Notice for the Association and its website.
You are advised to check any events, either at the branch website or with the branch secretary, before travelling.Mar 23 : Forest branch, English Bicknor
2:00pm Training Day
Mar 23 : Bristol Rural branch, Frenchay
Mar 23 : Bisley
7:30pm RWNYC Team Practice
Mar 26 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham St Paul
7:00pm Triples Practice
Apr 3 : Stroud branch, Horsley
7:30pm 8 Bell Practice
Apr 3 : Chippenham branch, Chippenham, St Andrew
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Apr 5 : Gloucester branch, Barnwood
7:30pm Surprise Major Practice
Apr 6 : Hewelsfield
9:00am Croome Trophy
Apr 6 : St Briavels
10:00am Penn Trophy
Apr 6 : Mitcheldean
3:45pm Association AGM
Apr 8 : Swindon branch, Bishopstone
Apr 12 : Stroud branch, Woodchester
Apr 13 : Forest branch, Bromsberrow
Apr 13 : Gloucester branch, Hempsted
Apr 20 : Chippenham branch, Corsham Royal British Legion